Easy Baked Lemon Chicken for 2: A Quick Dish to Whip Up
Recipe and photo by Gay N. Lewis
Dinner for two can be a challenge, especially if leftovers aren’t your thing. Here’s an easy, fast selection. By using one large, chicken breast, the cook can cut portions and still have a delicious meal. This recipe is easy on the waistline, too. The sauce makes enough to flavor pasta or rice, and the sauce is the best part!
Easy Baked Lemon Chicken for Two
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- l large skinless/boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cups lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme, coat chicken with mixture. Set aside and save remaining flour.
- Using an oven-proof skillet, brown chicken in the oil and butter. Remove chicken.
- Fry the chopped onion until softened in the remaining oil and butter in the skillet.
- Add remaining flour. Stir and cook for a few minutes and then slowly add broth and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to skillet.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minuets.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
*The recipe Easy Baked Lemon Chicken for Two first appeared on TexasHillCountry.com.