The town of Fischer began in the late 1800s when 2 brothers, Herman and Otto Fischer claimed over 3,000 acres of land.
Herman took 160 acres, building a cabin, part of which went on to become the original Fischer’s store. Otto began a livestock operation, and the two went on to be known as Store and Stock Fischer.
As time went on, the store outgrew its primary purpose, and became the post office, bank, saloon, and eventually had an addition built to accommodate.
In 1886, Otto deeded 40 acres to help establish a school for the community, as well as a cemetery, and the Fischer Hall.
These two brothers paved the way for this community, and even today structures such as the hall, general store, and family ranch still operate.