The term “decadent” often describes food that is over-the-top and rich in flavor. And “decadent” is usually associated with food high in calories and over-indulgent, therefore a “guilty pleasure.” We think this Happiness in a Pan recipe definitely belongs in the decadent category. And there’s nothing wrong with a little guilty pleasure every now and then. Give it a try and see what you think.
10 Steps to Happiness… in a Pan
Happiness in a Pan
- 1 package of regular Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) containers Cool Whip
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding
- Crush an entire bag of Oreo cookies using a food processor (or take out your frustrations and do it manually).
- Reserve 1 cup of Oreo cookie crumbs and mix the remaining crumbs with the melted butter.
- Press Oreo crumbs/butter mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch rectangular dish to form a crust.
- Mix 1 container of Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large bowl (a mixer might come in handy here).
- Spread the Cool Whip/cream cheese/powdered sugar mixture on the top of the Oreo cookie crust.
- Mix the pudding and milk and allow to set.
- Spread the pudding over the previous layer.
- Spread the remaining container of Cool Whip over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the 1 cup reserved Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Chill and enjoy.
Experiment with different puddling flavors, change the crust to crushed graham cracker or ginger snaps, and top with crushed pecan, peanuts, or lemon zest. You are only limited by your imagination but guaranteed your family and friends will be begging for seconds.