When someone brings you a surprise this fall, warm them up and reward them with this Quick and Easy Homemade Texas Chili Surprise.
Many chili recipes involve long simmering times, making homemade chili challenging for working moms. Who has the energy to rush home from work and spend hours making dinner? This homemade Texas chili recipe will surprise you with how easy it is to make and how quickly you can get it on the table to satisfy your hungry crew. It may also surprise you with how quickly it disappears.
This recipe is easy to make in large batches and freeze. When that surprise visitor drops in, remove the frozen chili, place it in a pot with a little water to prevent scorching and bring it to a light boil. Quick, easy and ready to serve.
Quick and Easy Homemade Texas Chili Surprise
1 lb. Ground Venison or Beef
1 lb. Chunked Venison or Chili Meat
1 med. Yellow Onion – chopped
½ c. roasted minced Garlic
1 tsp. Paprika
2 tbsp. Cumin
1/3 c. chili powder
2 tbsp. sugar
Cayenne to taste
Salt to Taste
2 (15 oz.) cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 (28 oz.) can Crushed Tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can Tomato Sauce
Grated Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Steamed White Rice (optional)
Corn Chips (optional)
Additional Chopped Onion (optional)
- Brown ground meat, chili meat, onions and garlic until meat is cooked through. Drain grease.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Stir in spices: paprika, cumin, chili powder, sugar, cayenne and salt. Bring to a light boil.
- Stir in dark red kidney beans. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice, corn chips or both. Top with grated cheddar cheese and extra onions if so desired.
Surprise! A quick and easy chili recipe with minimal simmering time.