Not only is this the cutest possible dessert you can bring to your next picnic or potluck, it’s by far the healthiest. Made to look like a real cake, this cut watermelon is frosted with whipped topping for a virtually calorie-free treat that looks sinfully indulgent. Top with various berries and other chopped fruit for an even more colorful presentation. The best part? It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare!
Watermelon Cake is Summer’s Cutest Picnic Dessert
- 1 whole seedless watermelon (about 6lbs)
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 3 strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Cut a 2-inch-thick slice from both ends of watermelon; discard trimmed slices.
- Stand watermelon on cutting board. Starting at the top of melon, use a long, thin, sharp knife to carefully cut between rind and fruit all around watermelon to separate rind from fruit. Remove and discard rind.
- Pat melon with paper towels to dry; place on platter. Frost with Cool Whip.
- Decorate with fruit and serve.