There’s not much more refreshing in the summer than a cool slice of key lime pie. Am I right? And, what’s cuter than stacking pie in a mason jar? We love it! This recipe for Key Lime Pie Mason Jars is a tasty treat for dessert or an afternoon snack during these “dog days” of summer. The key is to keep them cool before serving for the maximum chill effect. Enjoy!
Key Lime Pie Mason Jars Are The Perfect Summer Treat
Key Lime Pie Mason Jars
- 1 package of graham crackers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 can condensed milk (around 7oz)
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- key lime juice to taste
- whipped cream
- limes to garnish
- 4 small glass jars
- Crush up your graham crackers and mix them with 2 tbsp of butter, set this aside.
- For the pie filling combine your cream cheese, condensed milk, Greek yogurt and key lime juice with a stand or hand mixer, and mix on medium speed for about 5 minutes, or until you have a smooth, creamy texture.
- If you find your filling isn’t as green as you like, add a drop or two of green gel coloring. Once mixed, pop it into the fridge for about 10 minutes while you get your jars ready.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of crushed graham crackers into the bottom of your jar and lightly pack them down. You don’t want it to be too hard, so make sure it is just enough to stay in place.
- After that take your filling mixture out of the fridge and pour about 2/3 cup into your jar and sprinkle on some more graham crackers. Now top it with some whipped topping and a slice of lime and serve!